• Don’t post anything you wouldn’t want the world to know (phone number, address, etc.). Avoid posting anything that would make it easy for a stranger to find you, such as where you hang out after school.
• Be careful about adding strangers to your friends list. Avoid meeting people in person whom you do not fully know.
• Harassment, hate speech and inappropriate content should be reported. Talk with a trusted adult, or report it to www.myspace.com/ or the authorities.
• If you are under 14 and pretend to be older or if you are over 18 and pretend to be a teenager to contact underage users, MySpace will delete your profile.
• Don’t get hooked by a phishing scam. Fraudsters send spam or pop-up messages to lure user name and passwords from unsuspecting victims. Don’t reply to e-mail or pop-up messages that ask for information. Don’t click on links in the message, or cut and paste the link into your Web browser.
Your Online Security Authority